Mark A. Greenberg
Mark Greenberg is the President of Breakthrough Mediation. Before becoming a full-time neutral, Mark tried over 100 cases to verdict, representing both Plaintiffs and Defendants in both state and federal court. He now helps attorneys and clients find peace in the resolution of contentious disputes, saving clients over $32 million dollars in legal expenses in 2022.
Our staff will contact you on receipt of your Appointment Request form.
- 74% Settlement rate.
- Knowledge base: Trial experience in First Party Insurance Coverage and Third Party Liability claims, for both Plaintiffs and Defendants.
- 48 jury trials, and approximately 100 bench trials to verdict.
- Federal and State Courts.
- Lead Counsel in Personal Injury, First Party Insurance Coverage, Construction Defect, Contract, Subrogation, and HOA/COA disputes.
- Lead Prosecutor in Multiple Homicide Trials.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated.
- Boston College Law School Newton, MA Juris Doctor, May 1995
- Washington University College of Arts & Sciences St. Louis, MO
Bachelor of Arts in Economics, May 1990
- Instructor – Lectured at legal seminars on mediation, negotiation, ethics, insurance litigation, automobile litigation, and trial tactics.
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Class Actions
- Community Associations
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Family Businesses
- Health Care
- Legal Malpractice
- Lemon Law
- Libel & Slander
- Medical Devices
- Medical Malpractice
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Railroad & Trucking
- Real Estate
- Sexual Harassment
- Title Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Unfair Competition
- Workers’ Compensation
- Wrongful Death
Memberships & Affiliations
- Palm Beach County Bar Association (2001-Present)
- Chairman – ADR Committee (Member 2019-Present; Chair 2020-2021)
- Chairman – Client Relations Committee (Member 2006-2009, Chair: 2008-2009)
- Chairman – Lawyers for Literacy (Member 2006-2019; Chair 2010-2012)
- Member: Bench- Bar Committee (2008, 2011-2015)
- Member: Law Week Committee (2006-2008)
- Member: Circuit Civil Committee (2012). Chair of CLE sub-committee.
- Florida Bar Association (1995-Present)
- E-Mentor for new attorneys and law students (approx. 2004-2006)
- Craig S. Barnard Inns of Court (2012-Present)
- Treasurer: 2017-2018
- Florida Justice Association (2006-2016)
- American Association for Justice (2012-2015)
- Palm Beach County Justice Association (2006-2019)
- Palms West Chamber of Commerce (2011-2012)
- Palm Beach Chamber of Commerce (2011-2012)
- American Bar Association (2007-2010)
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals (2004-2006)
- Property Loss Research Bureau (2000-2006)
- Defense Research Institute (2000-2006)
- Lee County Bar Association (1995-1999)
Instructor — Southwest Florida Criminal Justice Academy, Ft. Myers, FL (1997-1999)
Volunteer – Routinely accept Pro Bono Cases and Pro Bono Mediations. (2000- Present)
Volunteer — Instructor at Allstar Martial Arts Academy, Wellington, FL (2012-2016)
Volunteer — Youth Court, Lee County, FL (1994); Palm Beach County, FL (Approx. 2002-2005)
Volunteer – Junior Achievement (2004-2006)
$495/hour up to 3 parties. $125/hour per party 4 parties and up.
- Half-Day: 2 Hour minimum
- Full Day: 4 Hour minimum
Mediations or arbitrations cancelled more than 14 days in advance incur no cancellation fee. Due to the difficulty of scheduling on short notice, appointments cancelled less than 14 days in advance incur the minimum charge above. We will work hard to fill that time, however, and if another mediation is scheduled, then you will not be charged. We encourage the parties to use the reserved time for another matter.
Due to the convenience and efficiency of Zoom, all in-person mediations are assessed a travel fee (portal to portal) charged at 50% of the hourly rate. This is waived for Full Day appointments in Broward, Palm Beach, and Martin Counties, as well as Ives Dairy Road locations in Miami-Dade County. Please confirm in person appointments with our office before scheduling (we will place a hold) so that we can confirm that the Neutral is available to travel that day.